Reduce your cancer risk
Our Health Promotion programmes are focused on working collaboratively to develop healthy public policy to reduce the risk of some cancers.
We work in partnership with community agencies, organisations, local government, businesses, schools, industry and the health sector to achieve healthy public policy and to promote healthy lifestyle choices. See the following pages to see how Cancer Society Northland work to improve the health of our communities.
You can help reduce your risk of developing some cancers and other chronic diseases by:
- not smoking
- avoiding over-exposure to Ultra Violet Radiation (UVR) from the sun and sun beds
- maintaining a healthy body weight
- being physically active
- eating a diet high in fruit and vegetables
- avoiding or limiting alcohol
- undertaking recommended screening for different cancers
Last Updated: Tuesday 06 October, 2009