How we can help
The Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society offers a range of free assistance and flexible supportive care services to help people understand cancer, get through treatment, cope with emotions and find support.
At your place...
- our friendly, specialised cancer liaison nurses can visit you and/or your family/whanau
- you can call our 0800 CANCER (226 237) helpline for free and confidential information and advice – any cancer, any question
- we can arrange transport to your cancer treatment and medical appointments
- we can arrange one-to-one counselling for you and/or your family/whanau
At our place we...
- have a library of specialised cancer information and resources
- run a range of support groups and education programmes
- offer accommodation during treatment
- offer a therapeutic massage service for people undergoing cancer treatment
Use the menu to the left to look at the different services and activities we carry out.
Waikato/Bay of Plenty gratefully acknowledge the support of these organisations: