The Cancer Society of New Zealand provides information on types of cancer, diagnosis, methods of treatment and advice on living with cancer.
You can read our information online, as free printed booklets (detailed information), or Information Sheets (the brief facts). These are available from your local Cancer Society.
For more information please ring the Cancer Information Helpline 0800 CANCER (226 237) or contact your local Cancer Society office.
- Cancer types: Information on specific cancers
- Cancer treatments: Information on the methods used to treat cancer
- Cancer treatment symptoms and side effects
- Relationships and communication: Tips on maintaining relationships and good communication
- Living with Cancer: Tips on managing your health and wellbeing
- Catalogue of Supportive Care and Information Resources 2013
The Cancer Society's aim is to provide easy-to-understand and accurate information on cancer, its treatments and the support available. Our cancer information booklets are reviewed every four years (Sheets every two to three) by cancer doctors, specialist nurses and other relevant health professionals to ensure the medical information is reliable, evidence-based and up-to-date. The information is also checked by consumers to ensure they meet the needs of people with cancer.
Last Updated: Friday 07 June, 2013